Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year 2016


Daddy wiped the tears and kissed my head
Solemnly he finally said
"no one is too young for a broken heart
True love grows bolder as we live and grow older"


He took my quilt, tightly covered me up
"The problem is, puppy love
... is  real to the pup!"       prp



Trinkets of a lifetime .....PRP (2012) 

My old wooden box still holds a treasure here or there,
A scratched up Beatles' single and a lock of mother’s hair,
The broken chain I yanked in two as I jerked it off my wrist
My Love beads, a silver cross, a scribbled Christmas list.

An ancient fading paper chain from old time chewing gum,
Now if you want some memories?.. I bet that thing swallowed some.
There ‘s my broken ballerina who lost a leg when I was 10!
I spent 3 long hours, teary eyed to make her whole again.

Trinkets of a life time …………
Carefully kept and heaven spent
Amongst them all I found your picture
and the scent of peppermint.

No comments:

Post a Comment