Sunday, June 17, 2012

Change Regretable


Change Regretable                         (PRP)

Heaven knows I loved you.
There are some things we cannot change.

It was in a time I could reach out and touch you –
feel you stand, warm beside me,
watching the sun transform the color of your eyes.
There are some things… we would never want to change.

Excitement was strong, emotions intense, there were moments I felt invincible….
I sensed your love, but could never quite grasp it.
Perhaps, if I could have stretched a little farther, leaned a little lower, lunged a bit faster
Perhaps then, I could have clutched and still be holding on.
What we would not give to see some things change?.

Tomorrow came as it always does and I
Never believing there would be the need for change –
Watched helplessly as a new world evolved around me
My life turned a new season, cold and dark.
I lost you, lost your warmth; I lost the sunlight shimmer of your eyes.
Would that I could have held you,
In painted youthful colors I hoped would grace the pallet of all my todays
Clinging to my dreams, those dreams, forever….missed.
Now I shall always miss them

That is the one thing I know will never change…

No comments:

Post a Comment