Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas 2010....

Deeper thoughts....It's another Christmas...I have 2 children...why has it been since 1992 since I have had the two of them in the same place for a Christmas?...a birthday?...mother's day?...or any other day that would impart ritualistic appreciation and meaning? 

It's year 2 without Granny and Grandad Porterfield....and year 6 without my Mother and year 14 without my Daddy.  I miss them....and I will miss seeing them for Christmas.

I lost my baby cousin Bruce Leonard Bethune 2 weeks ago.  I had always dreamed one day of having an extended family reunion Christmas again.  Everyone's priorities are too different to put aside a weekend to spend with dwindling family that when gone...can never be seen again, much less put off to later..and by the way.tears DO NOT soothe the pain of a lost loved one. I don't understand people who have no desire to know who they came from and learn about themselves.  I have learned those types of people do not see themselves as others do.  HUMOR..... narcissism is the vilest of vices.  There are too many of those...out there in love with themselves...whoa that disappointment be a doozie.

This weekend is Child number 2; my sister, brother in law and nephew...then prepare for another birthday and another day closer to my last one on Earth....I wonder if there'll be regrets in anyone's heart for postponing, ignoring till its too late a visit with me or my beloved husband Jim....

Bye Cuz..."I've seen fire and I've seen rain....but I always thought I would see you again..." James Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment